I have lectured mathematics courses at the following institutions:
- University of Auckland
- Northern Illinois University
- University of Montana
and computer science courses at University of Auckland. My CS teaching has all been for courses on algorithms and data structures, or discrete mathematics.
At Auckland, I was involved in curriculum development via the departmental Academic Committee, and also had some influence over grades as the examinations coordinator.
- FAQ for students in my classes
- Peter Alfeld’s Understanding Mathematics – a study guide
- Tim Gowers’ Mathematical discussions
- Steven Zucker’s Misconceptions about learning mathematics
- Links to information on course development (curriculum, assessment, etc)
- Some insights from mathematics education about how to teach mathematics