I live in Auckland, New Zealand, where I work at the University of Auckland. I have degrees from the University of Canterbury and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My PhD genealogy for the last few generations is: Donald Passman, Richard Brauer, Issai Schur, Georg Frobenius, Karl Weierstrass, although Brauer apparently had two supervisors, so another line goes back to Hilbert, Klein, et al.
Here is my (updated 2015-09-18) professional CV.
At the University of Auckland, I am:
- a Senior Lecturer (approximately equivalent to tenured Associated Professor in the US system) in the Department of Computer Science
- a member of the department’s Theory Research Group
- a founding member (current Deputy Director) of the Centre for Mathematical Social Sciences
- available to supervise undergraduate project, BSc(Hons), MSc and PhD students
Externally, I am:
- an Associate Investigator of Te Punaha Matatini (Centre of Research Excellence in Complex Systems)
- an academic editor for PeerJ Computer Science
- a former Managing Editor (2012-2015) of the Online Journal of Analytic Combinatorics
- Editor (since 2013) of the New Zealand Mathematical Society Newsletter
On this site you can find information about my research and teaching activities, in addition to my opinions and some extracurricular activities. Some other sites that might be useful:
Mailing address: Department of Computer Science, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019 Auckland, New Zealand
Courier address: 38 Princes St, Auckland 1001
Email: “my 3 initials” AT “department”.”university”.ac.”country” (look at the URL)